The Northern suburb of Pymble was inhabited by only a handful of colonials since the first land grant in 1828 and did not see a dramatic change to the population until the early 1880s when a new train line to connect Sydney’s North was proposed.
Much like it’s neighbouring suburbs of Wahroonga and Gordon, Pymble is today home to mostly residential buildings with only a small number of commercial and industrial buildings remaining. Evidently, the vast majority of businesses and the highest areas of population are located within short proximity the Pymble train station.
As a result of dense residential housing from the early 20th century in conjunction with the median income within the area being almost double the national average, it come as no surprise that not only are there a lot of houses of historical and architectural importance but also a great deal of people wishing to capitalise on investments by means of property development.
Development within the area is one of the cities highest which is reflected by Former Planning Minister Frank Sartor whom during his term reformed planning laws giving power to independent approval panels rather than the local government. However, Ku-ring-gai council has recently regained development approval control and has embraced the regions growth, even implementing a scheme that encourages developers to contribute to parks and infrastructure with their personal building.